May 07, 2007

The Grapefruit Moon

This is gouache with a Photoshop kick.
I went a little overboard with the glow;
I was reading Salinger today, if that's any excuse.

Talking about cities, one of the most important things for me to find in SF was a neighbourhood cafe; some place to hang out, work in and derive inspiration from. Thankfully I found a few. I don't think I'd stay sane without a place to call my own. Above is a painting of my old satellite studio, where I worked out many an idea over conversation and a lot of coffee. That's my seat right there, second from the register.

Do recall this last post: 3/5ths

7 comments:

  1. Very nice gouache nick, I also love JF and KC below.
    How do you like San Francisco? I was there again last month and I really love this city. Probably my favorite American city from all the ones I visited so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:16 AM

    Do recall you're a loser. Just kidding.

    It's weird that as soon as you left the G Moon they ripped out half the bar and added a divider between the kitchen and the booths. It will never be the same. Also just kidding. Sort of.

    I keep planning to go there, but it hasn't happened so much lately. I'll have to make more of an effort. I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful and intuitive man. The past few posts here have been blowing my mind.Those ballet sketches are just absolutely georgous Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... I've been hanging out at your blog recently, because the posts are great. This one has such a sense of mood.

    ~ Cheers from T.O. ~Arna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Very nice painting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:25 AM

    Holy cow you are rocking the gouache. very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the kind words of inspiration alongside mrs. klocek during our visit to Pixar on Friday! you are an amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete